- 1 How do you sanitize before a tattoo?
- 2 What must a body art procedure area be equipped with?
- 3 What is the most appropriate level of precautions for a body art shop?
- 4 How do you sterilize a tattoo at home without an autoclave?
- 5 Can you use alcohol wipes on a new tattoo?
- 6 What information must a client health questionnaire include?
- 7 What must a body art practitioner do to operate in Los Angeles County California?
- 8 What do Standard precautions include?
- 9 What should be included in an infection prevention control plan?
- 10 Which statement is correct regarding the storage of body art supplies in bathrooms?
How do you sanitize before a tattoo?
Clean Practices for Tattooing
- I use a diluted Tincure of Green Soap in a laboratory wash bottle to cleanse the skin.
- I use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol to disinfect the skin; also from a laboratory wash bottle.
- Either lubricating jelly or an A&D type ointment is dispensed in order to lubricate the skin.
What must a body art procedure area be equipped with?
Procedure areas in a body art facility shall meet all of the following standards: 1. Be equipped with a light source that provides adequate light at the procedure area. 2. Be separated, by a wall or ceiling-to-floor partition, from nail and hair activities.
What is the most appropriate level of precautions for a body art shop?
Tattoo parlors and tattoo artists must observe universal precautions to all clients. During work, the tattoo artist must wear barrier gowns, gloves, goggles or eyeglasses and face shield to avoid contact and exchange of body fluids. The gloves and barrier gowns, in particular, must be changed after each client.
How do you sterilize a tattoo at home without an autoclave?
The only other alternative to an autoclave, pre-sterilized disposables and chemical baths that’s worth considering is a dry heat sterilizer. Dry heat sterilizers can effectively sterilize tattoo and piercing tools, but they require more energy and time to do so.
Can you use alcohol wipes on a new tattoo?
An antibacterial soap will kill any germs on your skin. Avoid harsh cleaning chemicals like hydrogen peroxide or rubbing alcohol. These can irritate your skin. When you wash your tattoo, be gentle.
What information must a client health questionnaire include?
The informed consent form should also include a client health questionnaire to determine if the client is pregnant; has a history of herpes infection at the procedure site, diabetes, allergic reactions to latex or antibiotics, hemophilia or other bleeding disorder, or cardiac valve disease; has a history of medication
What must a body art practitioner do to operate in Los Angeles County California?
The ordinance requires all body art practitioners to annually register with the County, obtain annual blood-borne pathogen training, provide documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination status, obtain specific health information from clients, and obtain “informed consent” from clients.
What do Standard precautions include?
Standard precautions consist of the following practices: hand hygiene before and after all patient contact. the use of personal protective equipment, which may include gloves, impermeable gowns, plastic aprons, masks, face shields and eye protection. the safe use and disposal of sharps.
What should be included in an infection prevention control plan?
The plan must address the decontaminating and disinfection of environmental surfaces and reusable equipment, protection of clean and sterile instruments from contamination, the safe handling and disposal of needles, ensuring that standard precautions and aseptic techniques are utilized during all body art procedures.
Which statement is correct regarding the storage of body art supplies in bathrooms?
An instrument should never be used if the package is wet, torn, or punctured. Toilet rooms and bathrooms shall not be used for the storage of machines, instruments, ink, PPE, or other supplies used for body art activities.