- 1 How do you mask a RC body?
- 2 Can you use regular spray paint on RC car bodies?
- 3 How do you spray a RC car body?
- 4 Can you paint the outside of a RC body?
- 5 How do you cut clear RC body?
- 6 Can liquid mask be sprayed?
- 7 What can I use instead of painters tape?
- 8 Do pro painters use tape?
- 9 What is the difference between frog tape and painters tape?
How do you mask a RC body?
How to properly mask a body
- PREPARE THE BODY FOR MASKING. I wash the body in warm water, with a soft sponge and dish detergent, to remove the residue on the Lexan due to the vacuum forming process and just from being at the factory.
- OVERSPRAY FILM.
- WINDOW MASKS.
- CUSTOM MASKING.
- APPLY THE MASK.
- CUT YOUR DRAWING.
- TIME TO DESIGN.
Can you use regular spray paint on RC car bodies?
There are many types of spray paint. Some RC body painters recommend only using those products developed specifically for use on Lexan or other polycarbonate plastic used to make RC bodies. Your first time out, you should probably stick with spray paints made for plastic RC bodies, such as Tamiya or Pactra.
How do you spray a RC car body?
All you’ll need to get stunning results are a few cans of spray paint and masking tape.
- Step 1: Mark the body -post locations.
- Step 2: Wash the body.
- Step 3: Apply the window masks.
- Step 4: Mask The design.
- Step 5: Paint!
- Step 6: Remove the masking & apply the second color.
- Step 7: The big finish.
Can you paint the outside of a RC body?
You can paint the outside of the body, but prepping it is important. Paint doesn’t stick to anything “shiney”. It needs to be sanded or scuffed so the paint sticks.
How do you cut clear RC body?
One of the quickest and easiest ways to trim a body is scoring it with a hobby knife/razor blade. The trick is to score a deep enough line (not too deep to cut all the way through the Lexan) while still allowing the blade to move freely. It’s also very important to start off with a fresh blade.
Can liquid mask be sprayed?
Yes you can apply our LM in both the ways: if spray apply 2 coats, if by brush it must have soft bristles and 3 coats are recommended. Can the liquid mask be thinned out/down to go through a small airbrush needle & nozzle?
What can I use instead of painters tape?
Frog Tape: Similar to painter’s tape, but it bonds with latex paint to prevent bleeding. Almost makes taping worth it. Cardboard: Take a thin piece of cardboard and hold it up to the edges. Angle Brush: It’s amazing the wonders that a good angle brush can do.
Do pro painters use tape?
Pros usually follow a certain order when painting a room. They paint the trim first, then the ceiling, then the walls. Once the trim is completely painted and dry (at least 24 hours), tape it off ( using an “easy release” painter’s tape ), then paint the ceiling, then continue on to wall painting.
What is the difference between frog tape and painters tape?
FrogTape Painter’s Tape Review Green FrogTape, often referred to as green painter’s tape, is an excellent product I’ve used many times over the years. This product is a little more expensive than ScotchBlue painter’s tape, but the adhesion is stronger for a tighter seal.