Can we make a drawing on cloth?
When drawing fabric it is a good idea to consider how thick/thin, hard/soft, heavy/light and smooth/textured the material is first. Heavy fabric causes folds of a different volume and different width. You don’t need to draw them all, but it is better to have a good fundamental knowledge of the construction.
How do you draw silk easy?
1. How to Draw Silk Fabric
- Start with an oval—this will be the top of the cylinder the fabric is laid upon.
- Draw another, bigger oval below.
- Draw the direction of the fabric going down the cylinder.
- Draw the edge of the fabric and plan its folds.
- Draw the edges of the fabric as suggested by the fold line.
How do you make drawings realistic?
Tips to Improve Your Realistic Drawing
- Know and prepare your art supplies.
- Always start with a light initial sketch, focusing on largest shapes first.
- Keep in mind that in realism, there are no visible lines.
- Create gradual, smooth transitions between your different values.
What makes a drawing more realistic?
Value (or Shading) Most realistic drawings use a full range of value, from the lightest lights to the darkest darks. This is an element that many people have trouble with. Most don’t push it far enough. In other words, darks aren’t nearly dark enough, and lights aren’t bright enough.